This Website is owned by team AkzoNobel B.V. (“AkzoNobel”). Protection of your personal data is important to us. In this Privacy Statement we explain how we process your personal data on this Website.
1. Why do we process your personal data?
If you submit your personal data to this web site, we may process it for the purposes described below.
. 1.1 To respond to your queries or communicate with you We process your personal data when you contact us via our online contact forms. We process your name, title, (business) contact details (including your email address, telephone number, name of your company) and any other information that you provide to us in the open field entry of the contact form. We process this information on the basis of your consent, which can be withdrawn by you at any time.
. 1.2 For surveys or other (marketing) communication We process your personal data to send you surveys on our products or services or to send you marketing communication, to keep you updated on events, special offers, products and services of AkzoNobel. We may create profiles and analyze your interactions with us. This way we learn about your interests and can customize our communication to meet your personal interests.
. 1.3 For the development and improvement of products and services We process aggregated personal data for various AkzoNobel business-related purposes, such as developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our websites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
We may use aggregated data. Sometimes we process personal data such as your name, your email address, your IP address, gender, place of residence, digits of your zip code and any other information mentioned in this Statement or otherwise provided to us by you.
We process on the legal basis of consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.
. 1.4 For the technical and functional management of the Website We process your personal data to help you find information in a quick and easy way and to improve access to and functionality of this site. We may process your IP-address, the internet browser you use, the visited webpages, previous/next visited websites and the duration of your visit. We process this information for our legitimate business purposes, i.e. to better understand how our customers interact with our websites.
. 1.5 When you create an account with us, to administer the account Upon your request, we can create a personal account for you to make the purchasing process easier for you. Upon creating your account we will send you your personal login information.
We may process your name, a valid email address and any other information requested. We also process your display name, your role and your login data. We process this information on the basis of your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.
. 1.6 When you purchase products through our web shop, to process your order and manage the relationship We use personal data to process your purchase and deliver your order, to report the status of your order and to contact you about the transaction.
For this purpose we need at least your name and geographical address, contact details such as telephone number or e-mail address, credit card or other payment information, your acceptance of our applicable terms and conditions, and whether or not you want to receive our newsletter. We also process information about what you have purchased from us.
We process your personal data in order to carry out the purchase agreement and to deliver your order to you.
. 1.7 If you participate in prize contests, events, competitions, promotions and/or games of chance, to administer your participation With your consent, we can send you emails with promotions and invitations to participate in prize contests, events, competitions or games of chance. If you choose to participate in one of these activities, we need your personal data to be able to organize organize this. If you participate in any of these activities, we need your personal data to announce when you are a winner, to distribute the prizes and to measure the response to prize contests, events, competitions, promotions and or games of chance. We process this information on the basis of your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.
. 1.8 Compliance with laws and legal obligations and protection of AkzoNobel assets and interests We will process your personal data as appropriate or necessary (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence and including e.g. counterparty due diligence, money laundering, financing of terrorism and other crimes; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions and other applicable policies; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of yours or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. If so required, we may process your name, your contact information, your correspondence with AkzoNobel, your use of any of our products and/or services and any other information mentioned in this Statement or otherwise provided to us by you, if such is required for one of the purposes mentioned in the previous paragraph. We process this information on the basis of our legitimate business purposes.
2. With whom do we share your personal information?
We do not share your data with third parties other than those mentioned in this Privacy Statement.
Other entities within the AkzoNobel group
Being part of a global company, your personal data may be transferred to other AkzoNobel entities. To ensure that your personal data is treated with a high level of protection, AkzoNobel has implemented the AkzoNobel Binding Corporate Rules which ensure that every AkzoNobel legal entity applies the same level of protection to personal data.
Service providers and other external parties
We may also use third-party service providers to perform certain data processing activities on our behalf, such as information technology and related infrastructure provision, security (including identity and access management) services, and legal, financial/accounting and other similar services.
We have agreed technical, organizational and contractual measures (data processing agreements) with these third parties to ensure that your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and to ensure that the data is well secured.
Only if we are required to do so by law, your personal information may be provided to supervisory agencies, fiscal authorities and investigative agencies.
3. Where do we store your personal data? Your personal data may be stored and/or processed in a country other than the one you reside in. AkzoNobel will ensure that if your data are transferred to another country, it will continue to receive adequate protection, through AkzoNobel’s own Binding Corporate Rules or through contractual arrangements with third parties.
4. How do we secure the data? Your personal data are treated confidentially and we have taken technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of this data. We use several security techniques including secure servers, firewalls and encryption, as well as physical safeguard of the locations where data are stored.
5. How long do we retain personal data? We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
6. Rights regarding personal data You have certain rights with regard to your personal data. In accordance with the law you may have the right to request a copy of your personal data and further, where reasonably possible, have access to your personal data. You also may have the right to rectify and erase your personal data or to restrict or object to the use of your personal data. In addition to that you may at any time withdraw the consent that you gave to using your personal data. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before the withdrawal. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
7. Links to other websites and social media On the Website you will find a number of links to other websites. Although these websites are selected with care, we are not responsible for personal data processed through these websites.
8. May persons below the age of 16 provide personal data? Persons below the age of 16 may only provide personal data to us if they have written permission of one of their parents or their legal guardian who has read this Privacy Statement.
9. Who to address with questions about your personal data? You can ask questions about your personal data at any time by sending a request to: https://www.akzonobel.com/about-us/locations/contact-akzonobel. In order to process your request we will require (and therefore process) your name, contact details.